Yesterday, one of my website was hacked by an individual or group calling themselves z7faan-h4ck3r. The hack involved changing a couple of headings and having some stupid video on a loop.
Naturally, I was less than impressed but it didn’t actually take long to find a fix which so far seems to have worked.
The website is an articles directory created using the “Article Dashboard” software and apparently, a number of similar sites have also been hacked. This is how I fixed it:
1. Check you have the Article Dashboard software on your computer
2. Delete the following directories from your website
3. Upload these two directories to your site from your computer
4. Login as admin and go to “Edit Settings”. Here you will see that Site Name, Admin Email ID, Admin Name and Admin Message fields have been changed and you’ll need to change them
5. Finally and most important, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD !!!!
That should restore your Article Dashboard website. Like I said, it seems to have worked so far but there is a chance that there is something else hanging around that I haven’t found.